We are continuing to invest in technologies to reduce our carbon footprint even further.
We are committed to reducing our carbon footprint and energy usage, so we can save money and pass those savings onto our customers. If granted planning permission, a new store at Swinton will feature:
- Automatic light dimming, to conserve energy.
- Heat reclamation units, re-cycling waste heat to warm other areas of the store and to heat hot water.
- Water efficient taps and low flush toilets.
- Energy efficient lighting in frozen cases and cold rooms.
- Re-cycling of excess heat from the in-store bakery to heat our warehouse.
Since 2005 we have:
- Reduced carbon emissions across our whole store and depot estate by 20%
- Achieved a 42% reduction in carbon emissions from our new store model
- Reduced transport emissions by 40% - an industry leading figure
- Diverted 75% of our operational waste away from landfill